Thursday 12 March 2009

Week 7-Editing the Robot

At the end of week 5 I was happy with the appearance of the robot, but since then I have found that an animation can be added as a material. Due to this I have decided to use an animation to the screen as this will make the robot look more effective than having the current still image.

To do this I used Flash to produce an animation. I tried to make the dimension of the canvas the same as the screen of the model so that when applied as a material it did not get too squashed or elongated. I used the same colours as I used originally, these being black, red, orange and green. With these colours I created a block of three colours in the order of green, orange and red. I then duplicated this and altered the height at half a second intervals. Then I exported it as an AVI file.

In smax I selected all the polygons on the screen area. Then I added the animation as a diffuse map and placed on the selected area. I then selected the anisotropic shader to try to get a glass affect on the screen, so I set the specular level to 120, gloss level to 10 and anisotropy amount to 80.

I then rendered the animation, but this was too fast. So in the material editor I set the playback rate to 0.1 to slow it down. I was really happy with the robot now and so will continue with the idents.

No comments: