Thursday 5 March 2009

Week 6-Bone Plans

The next step in creating my idents is to add bones to one of the characters ready for animation. Since last week I have thought about how I will structure the bones so I can get the movement I want. Below are sketches of how I plan to draw out the bones.
I want the robots movements to be quite human-like and so added bones which are similar to a person’s. I have only placed bones on the arms and legs as the robots body would remain rigid throughout as this would be the area with electronics. Also, the head will not move up and down as this would result in the head becoming detached, therefore a bone will not be needed for the head joint.
The teddy bear is meant to be the robots toy; therefore there will be little unaided movement. I have planned for there to be one long bone for the arms and legs as it will not bend when moved. The main thing the bones will be used for is positioning the body parts.

No comments: