Saturday 21 March 2009

Week 8-Creating ident 3 part 3

I have planned for part 3 to be very similar to part 2, and as part 2 was successful I will be using a similar process to create this section of animation. To start I imported the ground, fence and bear into a new file and with the scale tool made the bear proportional to rest of the scene. When scaling Ted I looked at the scale coordinates applied in the other idents as I wanted all three not to have noticeably different proportions.

Then I imported the hat into the scene and used the scale tool to make it a suitable size to put on the bears head. To do this I firstly placed the hat above the bears head and reduced the dimensions along all three axis’s at the same time as I was happy with the shape as a whole when I first created it.

The last thing I did before I started the animation was to rescale the timeline to 30 frames in length so this part of the ident only lasted for one second.

Before starting the animation I made sure the hat was hovering over the head slightly, but not too high so it did not have a too longer distance to travel. Next I turned on the auto key and went to frame 30 on the timeline. I then lowered the hat so it sat on the bears head.

Afterwards I added lighting to the scene. I selected the target spot light and aimed it at the bear. I set the intensity to 1 and turned on the shadows.

Next I added a camera to the scene. I selected a target camera and positioned it so that the top half of the bear and the hat were in the main part of the shot. It took a couple of alterations to get the shot I wanted.

At this point I realised that the hat cut through the bear’s ears when it was placed on his head. To solve this problem I decided to just scale the bottom radius as I was pleased with the height I already had, especially as if I had left the proportions the same it would have been smaller than I had initially planned.

Finally I repositioned the camera as I felt the shot I currently had was too different. I made this a close-up shot so that more of the irrelevant background was removed, being careful to keep the subject central.

I am now pleased with this section of animation and so will go on to produce another of ident 3.

No comments: