Thursday 12 March 2009

Week 7-Creating ident 1 part 3

To begin my work this week I decided to continue to work on ident 1. The first thing I did was to import Ted and scale it so it was the exact same size as in part 2. I then changed the move and rotate coordinates to position the bear in the exact same place on the roundabout seat as before.

I then added a target camera to the scene and as before positioned it by altering the coordinates. It was important to have these figure the same as the end of part 2 so there was a smooth transition between the sections.

Then I set the timeline length to 80 frames.

Afterwards I selected the roundabout and bear and turned on the set key. I then rotated the objects and set the first and last as key frames. I was careful to make sure the play equipment in the background of the first frame was the exact same as the last frame of part 2.

When I played this it did not work that well as the bear did not move with the seat. Due to this I added extra key frames between frames. Initially I added a new key frame every 5 frames, and then extra ones in-between when these were not enough. To help to align Ted to the middle of the seat I cloned a copy of the bear and grouped it with the roundabout.

Finally I altered the position of the bear in the last frame so it looked like he flies off due to the momentum.

Next I added an omni light to the scene as the main light source. I set the intensity to 1 and turned on the shadow map. For consistent lighting during the scene I set the coordinates to make its placement the same in the rest of the ident. Afterwards I included another omni light and positioned as in part 2 to highlight the bear. I reduced this intensity to 0.3, the same as in part 2.

Afterwards I watched the animation and found it worked reasonably well, however I felt the take off was not quite right as Ted suddenly moved upwards. Therefore on the frames before takeoff I tilted him on one side as though forces were acting on him.

I am pleased with the way this has turned out. As I have made good progress on ident 1 I am now going to start on ident 2.

No comments: