Thursday 26 March 2009

Week 8-Creating the logo

Creating the logo now will allow me to complete ident 3 part 6, as well as all the other final parts of the first and second idents. Before I began I searched for the current logo on the internet. I then started to create the letters based on this.

Firstly I started with the first letter C. To create this I use a spline as I could not find a suitable font. I selected the line tool with the corner setting and drew out a shape I thought was proportional to the original. I created one of the letter Bs in the same way, just adding two squares to create the inner holes of the letter and grouped the shapes together.

Next I created the other two letters, this time using the text tool as one of the preset fonts as these were similar to the logo in the image I was working from. For the letter B I used Georgia font while for the letter C I used Calibri.

I then made each spline into an editable poly in turn, selected the polygon icon and extruded the splines to the amount of 10. I was not completely happy with the depth of the letters and so repeated the process by extruding it by 10 again.

Next week I will finish making the logo before I complete the last section of my third ident.

No comments: