Saturday 7 March 2009

Week 6-Creating ident 1 part 4

I have decided to start with this section of animation as it is one of the simpler things I plan to do and so I felt it would be the best one to begin with. To start I positioned the arms and legs in the way I wanted them to be for this part of the animation. I did this by moving the bones.

Next I drew out an arc using the spline arc tool. To get the exact shape I wanted I had to make slight alterations to the vertex points. Afterwards I selected the bear and went to the animation menu where I applied a path constraint before selecting the spline.

When played, the bear remained upright and so it looked quite unrealistic. So I selected auto key and applied a rotation between the first and last frame. I rotated the teddy on all of the axis to get the realistic movement I imagined of an object flying through the air.

When I was happy with the animation I went on to create and position the camera. I chose to use a target camera as no movement was required and the target point would be fixed so the bear flies across shot. After some minor alterations I was happy with the cameras position.

Next I rescaled the timeline so that the animation lasted for 1 ½ seconds. Therefore I set the animation duration to 75 seconds. Lastly I placed an omni light in the scene and set the intensity to 1.

Everything I planned to do to this animation is now complete.

No comments: