Monday 23 March 2009

Week 8-Alterations to the bag

I have tried to think of other ways of creating the flap for the bag and have come up with one possibility which I have tested. I started by creating a box 36.068 long, 30.317 wide and 2.14 deep. I then increased the number of segments in all sections to 8. Next I converted the box to an editable poly and clicked on the vertex icon.

Firstly I used the scale and move tools to try to create the curve of the material lying over the bag. I worked with single or a small selection of vertexes at a time and made small alterations so the shape could be edited easily.

When I was happy with the way the flap laid over the top of the bag I selected the vertexes at the end of the flap and used the scale tool to move them closer together. This was to create the curved edge at the bottom of the flap.

This is much closer to the shape I was trying to achieve originally and so I am going to use this instead of the one I created previously.

I added finishing touches by positioning it above the bag and aligning it at the back so it looked like it touched. Also I selected mesh smooth and set the iteration level to 1 before I applied the blue colour to this shape.

I am now happy with the bag as a whole and so will go on the create more of my animations.

No comments: