Thursday 26 March 2009

Week 8-Creating ident 3 part 6

To start this part of the ident I imported the ground, fence, robot and wand into a new file. I then scaled the robot and wand by setting the scale coordinates to make the objects the same proportion as in part 4. Finally I positioned the objects in the scene as I wanted them.

Next I went on to create the letter splines. I began by using the arc to create a letter C. Then I used the line tool to create the letter B. I did need to make some minor changes to the vertex points to perfect the shape of the letters. To complete the letters I cloned a copy of the C and B before spacing them evenly and scaling them down so they were proportional to the robot.

Afterwards I selected the super-spray particle system and set it to emit as a trail. I then added the particle system as a path constraint to the first letter spline. I then altered the settings by making the particle spread to 180, speed to 0.5 and fade time to 10.

I then repeated this for the other letter splines.

Next I moved the key frames of each path along the timeline so each letters stardust was emitted in turn.

The next step was to make the stardust material. I will be using the same setting as I did in part 4 of this ident as I was pleased with the colour I applied here. Therefore I created a gold material using the anisotropic shader with a specular level of 200, gloss level of 10 and anisotropy of 50. Lastly I applied it to each of the super-spray emitters.

I then watched the animation and found the start and end of the drawing of each letter was too close together and so made some more changes to the positioning of the key frames. I also changed the emitting times so each super-spray only produced sparks between the start and end key frames of the drawing of that letter.

Finally I increased the emit rate to 300 so it was more visible.

I feel the animation has gone well so far, but before I do any more work I will create the logo.

No comments: