Saturday 4 April 2009

Week 9-Finishing ident 3 part 5

All I need to do to finish this part of the ident is to create the stardust to co-inside with the wands movement. To start I drew out a spline. For this I used the line spline and placed one vertex at the tip of the wand and the other on the see saw.

Next I placed a super-spray in the scene and added it to the spline to create a motion path. I set the super-spray to be a trail emitter with a particle spread of 180 degrees and speed of 0.5.

When I watched this, the emitter travelled along the spline during the whole of the animation. Therefore I moved the key frames so it started at frame 40 and ended at frame 45 and made sure particles were only emitted between these frames.

I then repeated this process three more times, each spline leading to a different piece of play equipment.

Next I put a super-spray on the roundabout. I set this to a shockwave emitter with a spread of 180, speed of 10 and life of 100. I then set the emit length to 10 frames which started immediately after the roundabout was zapped.

This process was then repeated with an emitter being added to each piece of play equipment which was zapped and the bear.

Afterwards I applied a gold material to all of the emitters.

I then watched the animation and felt a few changes needed to be made to the particle systems as they were not that visible. Firstly on the shockwave emitters I changed the particle size to 1 and rate to 400. On the trail emitters I increased the rate to 300.
I am pleased with how this part has gone and feel it is now complete.

No comments: