Sunday 5 April 2009

Week 9-Adding the logo to ident 1

So far the animation in the final part of ident 1 was complete and all that was needed was for the logo to be added. So to begin I imported the logo into the scene.

When created the letters were written horizontally, but the plan for this ident was for them to run downwards as it was felt this would work better with the helter-skelter which is the main part of the scene.

Next I spaced the letters out evenly as they went down the helter-skelter. I felt it would work best if each letter was placed between a part of the slide as this would prevent parts not being visible where the two intercepted. I then carefully placed the logo so it faced the camera and was level with the central column of the helter-skelter.

Afterwards I went to the first frame of the animation and was disappointed that the edge of the logo was visible in the shot. Leaving this would ruin the whole of the ident as the seam between this and the previous section would be visible as the start and end points were exactly the same. As a result the camera position could not be altered and therefore the only option was to move the logo.

The logo was currently positioned where I wanted it and so I animated the logos movement into the shot during the first few frames before the camera moved out too far and this movement was visible. To do this I used the auto key. Firstly I set the final positions of the animation before I positioned the first as these positions where ready. At frame 1 I moved the logo side wards away from the bear just enough that it was out of shot at the beginning of this part.

When watched the logos movement was not evident and so I am pleased with this. This part of ident 1 is now complete.

No comments: