Sunday 12 April 2009

Easter-Improvements to ident 1 part 2

When I watched all part of ident 1 together I noticed that the roundabouts movement sped up and slowed at the start and end of each section. Parts 2 and 3 were designed to be a follow on of each other without the viewer noticing, but currently the seam was evident.

To resolve this, the curve editor was opened and the end tangent was set to linear so that the rotation of the roundabout no longer eased out. I decided against making this adaptation to the beginning tangent as I felt the ease in worked well as it gave the impression that the roundabout was speeding up and would be the reason why the bear flew off.

Next I made alterations to the lighting as currently this was not consistent with the following section, something else which made the join between the two visible. Firstly I selected the omni light which represented the sun and applied shadows. I also made the lighting consistent by changing the intensity of the light in front of him to 0.5.

I am happy with this section now that the alterations have been made.

No comments: