Saturday 4 April 2009

Week 9-Creating ident 2 part 2

To start this ident I imported the necessary objects into a new file. I then scaled some of these objects until they were proportional to one another and used the move tool to position the objects where I want them for the animation. Then I rescaled the timeline to 30 frames so it lasted for a total of 1 second.

Afterwards I positioned the bears arms and legs using the bones so that he fitted in the bag before moving him into place. Several minor changes were made to the bones position so that no part of the bear was visible through the bag.

Next I selected the flap and edited the position of the pivot point. I moved the pivot point to the back of the bag so that with the rotate tool I could animate the bag opening easily.

Then I selected auto key and animated the bag flap to open from the first to the last frame of the timeline using the rotate tool.

Next I went on to make the bear rise out of the bag. To do this I used the auto key and, with the bear selected placed it above the bag at a point where it was level with the robots shoulder. When doing this I made sure no part of the bear went through the bag as this would look unrealistic.

At this point I watched the animation back through and was disappointed that the flap rotated down and out of the back of the bag instead of over the top. To resolve this I turned auto key back on and added in extra key frames to make sure it moved in the right direction.

When I looked at this slowly I noticed at some points Ted’s body intercepted the flap and so altered the key frames slightly and added extra so that it appeared the bears movement was making the flap open. This left the flap at the end dropping to slowly which looked unrealistic, therefore I moved the final key frame to earlier in the timeline.

So far the animation had gone well and so I went on to work on the robot. I used the bones to position the arms. Firstly I placed his left arm by his side and then moved the other arm so that it is ready to pick the bear up.

Next I turned on auto key and animated the movement of the arm so it appeared the robot was lifting up the bear. To start I worked on the upper arm bone and then when I was happy with this added more precision by animating the lower part of the arm. I did find that I needed many key frames to keep the hand in the same position on the bear throughout.

To complete the scene I added an omni light and placed it in the same part of the scene as before. To try to make the positioning consistent throughout I set the x, y and z coordinates. I set the intensity to 1 and turned the shadows on.

Next I added a target camera to the scene and positioned it so that the robot, bag and bear were in the centre of the shot.

The animation was now complete and so I watched it back. I did stop one problem, this being the flap partly moving through the main part of the bag as it rotates. To solve this I used the auto key and the move tool.

Also, the bag straps looked like they were not attached properly. Due to this I moved them so that they joined the bag properly.

I am now happy with this part of the ident and so will move on to another ident.

No comments: