Sunday 26 October 2008

Week 5- Lighting Tutorial

During this weeks tutorial I learnt to apply different lighting affects to a scene. I started by trying out target spot lights and arranged then around the objects to try to highlight more than one side at once. For this I used different intensities so that one light source was stronger than the other and feel I did this quite well. I used one circular light and a square light to try to see the difference between the two.

Secondly, I used an omni light. For this I chose to use a pink light from a different angle to see what impact this would have on the image. I did not make the intensity of the pink light as strong as the other lights as I felt it would be more suited being subtle. Also, I changed the shadow colour slightly to a lighter shade of grey.

The first time I rendered the image the light intensities were too high which made the objects difficult to see and so I lowered the intensity. When I rendered the image again this image was produced.

I am pleased with the way I arranged and changed the light sources. This will be very useful when I complete my project images as I will be able to light the objects from the angles which are most suitable and also create a mood in the images.

No comments: