Wednesday 1 October 2008

Week 2- Tutorial

In Monday’s tutorial I was pleased to find that I had remembered a lot of what I had learnt during the previous lecture. During this weeks lecture I also learnt quite a lot.

I found the spline process quite easy to complete. The drawing of the basic polygon and extruding the shape to make it 3D was straight forward, but I did have trouble with capping the shape to begin with. On my second attempt I managed to make a solid shape and so I am happy I understand this technique.

I found the boulean and pro boulean techniques more difficult to use. After a couple of attempts I did get the boulean process to work, and feel pleased with what I achieved. However, I was unable to get the pro boulean process to work and so will try this again another time.

I was really impressed how the lathe technique created the shape from a simple, 2D polygon. I created the bowl shape quite easily in this way and feel I understood this process well. I am slightly disappointed that the angle I chose for the bowl has made it difficult to see in the image as the background is black.

I am pleased with what I have achieved and feel that I am beginning to get to grips with the software. I think that I would still have to work from my notes to complete quite a few of these processes, but I hope with a bit more practice this will not be the case in a few weeks time.

No comments: