Wednesday 6 May 2009

Week 12-Adding Music and Sounds

Now that each part of each ident is completed and rendered I have lined up and exported each ident as a whole with video editing software.

I thought about what type pf audio to include and came to the decision to include sound effects and backing music. I came to this decision as I thought sound effects would be popular with the target group of the CBBC Channel, these being children. However, I felt sound effects alone would not work due to the start and stop in audio would sound peculiar. So I decided backing tracts were also needed.

Several of the sound effects I recorded myself using objects found around the home and percussion sounds on my keyboard. Any I could not source in this way I got from http://www.soundsnap.com.

I found it more difficult to get backing tracks as unlike with the sound effects I did not know exactly what I wanted. I spent some time looking through web sites for possible tacks.

For ident 1 I settled for a backing track from the film Fantasia which I found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddTBeNv9PwQ. The sound effects I included was of children giggling while the characters play on the roundabout and a descending key slide as the bear slid down the slide.

For ident 2 I selected a backing track which I consisted of a rise and fall in volume as I felt this would link well with the balloon floating away, which I found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jA-zmsRA. I have also included a sound effect of a balloon bursting for when it hits the logo.

For ident 3 I felt a piece of music which would suit it well was ‘The Entertainer’ which I got from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFkaeOj-Ns. I used recorded sound effects of percussion sounds to add a whiz and sparkle to the movement of stardust.

To get these to fit with the animation I had to make alterations, especially to the backing music. This included changing the speed and cutting and placing different parts of the tracks together. I also tried to keep the audio levels consistent throughout the idents and so music or sound effect did not drown the other out.

No comments: